找回密码
 入住 CI 中国社区
搜索
查看: 7536|回复: 23
收起左侧

发给 CI 官方项目负责人 Jim Parry 的邮件和他的回复

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-10-12 10:56:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

亲爱的中文社区的 CIer 们,随着新版 CI 中国网站的上线,CI 中国社区开始计划与英文官方团队更紧密的沟通与联系,其中第一步是给 CI 的项目负责人 Jim Parry 发一封介绍 CI 中国社区相关情况的邮件,此邮件已在 10 月 7 日发送给 Jim,并且目前已得到 Jim 的回信。

发给 Jim 的邮件主要介绍了 CI 中国自 2007 年 10 月建立以来的一些主要活动,其中包括《CodeIgniter for Rapid PHP Application Development》书籍的翻译,两次技术交流会的情况,还包括希望 CI 官方团队允许 CI 中国使用 CodeIgniter LOGO 等内容,并请 Jim 对中文社区的发展提出一些建议和意见,最后,我们邀请 Jim 在明年合适的时候来中国做演讲,届时如果各方准备完毕,我们将举办 CI 技术交流会,请 CI 的官方项目负责人给大家做分享!

下面将 Jim 的回复全文转发,并附上 Jim 发来的照片:

Thank you for the introduction to yourself and the Chinese CodeIgniter community! You have done an impressive job translating the website and user guide, and it looks like your community is active and engaged :) How many members are in the community? Do you have a feel for the split between academic and industry people?

You asked about using the CodeIgniter logo - we have no problem with that, and encourage it where appropriate. I think that using the same website style, for instance, contributes to the "branding" of the framework, which can only help its adoption and support.

I plan to acknowledge and promote the different CodeIgniter user groups and communities around the world, possibly through a page on our website with links to each of them. I'm not quite sure how or when this will shape up, but I think it would encourage them to be more active with other CodeIgniter users around the world.

You said you have had a couple of technical conferences, which is great! When are you thinking that your next one might be? EllisLab had some ExpressionEngine/CodeIgniter conferences, but they were definitely more EE-focused. I have been asked about a CI conference at or thrugh BCIT, but have not had time to look into the organization and funding of one.

BCIT has several partner institutes in China, delivering our Computer Systems program there, to earn a credential from BCIT International in Burnaby, BC (the main campus, where I teach). We usually organize a "student ambassador" tour each year, with several faculty and 6-8 students visiting China for two weeks towards the end of May. We start in Beijing, spend a week at one of the partner institutes, and then end up in Shanghai to travel back to Canada. I have been on this four times so far, visiting schools in Tianjin, Chengdu, Nanjing, Nanning and Fuzhou. Some pictures attached :-/

I hope to take part in next year's student ambassador trip, but dates have not been confirmed yet. If it works out, I expect to be in Beijing for a few days near the end of May, probably a Tuesday through Thursday, and I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you & any interested community members.

The Chinese partner institutes have their own student tours of Vancouver each year too, with several faculty and up to a dozen students coming here for 2-3 weeks in July, where they study some English, meet with our students, and do some sightseeing. A highlight of each of those visits is a barbeque at a local park, where I cook "Canada, Eh" burgers for everyone :)

On a serious note, there are some issues I would like your feedback on:

- How well does the language facility in CodeIgniter work for the Chinese community? How could it be improved?

- CodeIgniter does not use the internationalization library built into PHP ... should it?

- What are your thoughts on engaging the international CodeIgniter community better?

- What barriers are there to your members participating in the framework evolution?

- What suggestions do you have to improve the global usability of the framework, as we dive into CodeIgniter 4?

- Do any collaboration opportunities come to mind? These could be academic collaboration or some form of joint projects.

Again, good to meet you, and I look forward to talking again soon!

All the best,

Jim Parry

发表于 2015-11-6 23:19:56 | 显示全部楼层
不知道ci中国以后有什么发展建议,我先建议增加版本专区,要不找起来太累,还有增加http://forum.codeigniter.com,http://www.codeigniter.com 友情链接
 楼主| 发表于 2015-11-9 13:55:45 | 显示全部楼层
gcc2007119 发表于 2015-11-6 23:19
不知道ci中国以后有什么发展建议,我先建议增加版本专区,要不找起来太累,还有增加http://forum.codeignit ...

好提议~
 楼主| 发表于 2015-10-12 11:14:57 | 显示全部楼层
lamtin 发表于 2015-10-12 11:12
看来...还是在北京举行...

我请你来北京,报销机票~ {:soso_e113:}
发表于 2015-10-12 11:12:48 | 显示全部楼层
看来...还是在北京举行...
发表于 2015-10-12 11:22:07 | 显示全部楼层
希望社区越来越好
发表于 2015-10-12 12:29:59 | 显示全部楼层
前排支持,真希望类似的活动越多越好啊。
发表于 2015-10-12 17:25:24 | 显示全部楼层